Samstag, 21. Oktober 2017

My Favorite TV-Show: Family Guy

Awkay, so actually I only write about TV shows when I finally watched the last season. Or the last aired season. But since I've been pretty lazy the last couple of months, here comes the review of one of the most obnoxious TV shows ever: "Family Guy".

My first encounter with the show was, I'm pretty sure, more than ten years ago. I was visiting my grandparents in St. Petersburg and, as always I was forcing my grandpa to watch "The Simpsons" and
"Futurama" with me. Suddenly, a new show showed up in the tv guide. It was called "The Griffins" (lmao). I was hooked as soon as I read about it. Then we watched the first episode together. My grandparents didn't know what they should think about it. I was in love.

You obviously can't avoid it: Family Guy has to be compared with The Simpsons. First of all the yellow guys were the first awkward animated american family that was succesful. Secondly "Family Guy" follows the same recipe. A somehow weird family experiences difficult, awkward and funny situations. At the end everything is a-ok and a single episode seems to stand on its own rather then being a part of a bigger story. The Griffins are: Peter (the father), Lois (the mother), Chris (the oldest son), Meg (the daughter), Stewie (the baby) and Brian (the talking dog). The family members seem to be in a really awkward relationship with each other. Lois and Peter love each other. Stewie hates Lois and plans to kill her (and also to conqur the world and cause as much pain and suffering as possible), Chris is dumb as fuck, everybody makes fun of Meg. Brian is secretly in love with Lois.

At first, before the show was shut down, it seemed like an awkward, crack-addicted version of The Simpsons. But then, after the show came back it got even worse. Sometimes, I think that South Park was right. Family Guy is written by manatees. How else could you explain those awkward plots, filled with tons of pop culture references and all that? It's one of the most idiotic and dumb TV shows I have ever watched. It makes absolutely no sense and it's aware of it. The fourth wall is being broken all the time. That's why I love it so much.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen